The 2013 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is off to a great start! – Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys®
The 73rd annual gathering of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally launched with record setting numbers at several venues. While the official dates for the rally are technically August 5 – 11, 2013, some die-hard enthusiasts showed up more than two weeks early to claim prime camping spots at what is proving to be a stellar year with perfect weather.
The legendary Buffalo Chip Campground has been shell-shocked to say the least about their high numbers this year and they have pulled out all the stops with fantastic concerts by everyone from Kid Rock, Toby Keith to Rob Zombie. They are also holding tattoo contests, daredevil competitions, and plenty of food options.
Over at the Full Throttle Saloon they are rocking out with Bret Michaels, Ying Yang Twins, Big and Rich, and Gretchen Wilson. The FTS crew is also holding a celebrity motorcycle ride and America’s Ultimate Biker Contest where the winner will ride off on new Harley-Davidson.
The ever popular artist Dave Uhl has been creating a commemorative piece since 2005. This year, he’s been so busy with his projects on the road, that when he hit his studio he decided to take a step back and the 2013 art work reflects just that. “Once Upon a Time…” reflects a vintage Harley-Davidson patiently awaiting the return of its rider years after the fact and it’s a really beautiful piece.
On Wednesday morning of the rally (August 7th), the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum will be hosting their annual breakfast honoring this year’s inductees into their Hall of Fame. The 2013 roster includes:
- Russ Brown — Attorney and champion of the motorcycling community defending rights.
- Rick Fairless – Industry recognized master bike building and star of several television series.
- “Still” Ray Fitzgerald – Noted activist for motorcyclist rights.
- Bill Gikling – Helped start the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum and diligently worked to secure Harley-Davidson Motor Company’s increased involvement in the annual rally.
- Marjoe Gortner – Dramatically changed the public’s perception of motorcycling by organizing the television show “Sturgis: The Great Ride” which aired on the Travel Channel.
- Lonnie Islam, Sr. – Noted expert in antique American motorcycles and Harley drag racing.
The weather has been fantastic so far, the rides great and of course, you can’t beat the friends you meet here.
Stay tuned as we will be bringing you more updates on the 2013 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally!
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys®