2013 Year in Review: The Best of the Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys®/ BAM Motorcycle News Blog
2013 was a year we will never forget and it was all captured on our blog. Take a journey with us as we look back at the top 10 motorcycle news stories of the year. Then let us know which one was your favorite. There were some pretty unforgettable events that occurred in 2013.
Top Motorcycle News Stories of 2013
· Man Puts Wife and Bike Up on Craigslist: This hilarious story was one we will never forget. After his wife gave him an ultimatum (either the bike goes or she goes), he decided to put both up for sale on Craigslist. Only one could be test ridden before purchase however.
· Women Who Ride Harleys are Happier: This made the list because it validated something we’ve known all along! Motorcycles just make people happy. Now it seems that more women are finally catching on. We can’t wait to see how many women start motorcycling in 2014.
· CDC Enters Motorcycle Helmet Debate: Everyone has an opinion on motorcycle helmet use in America. The CDC’s recent involvement in the motorcycle helmet debate, however, raised some eyebrows and had U.S. Rep. Tim Walberg questioning whether they were attempting to reduce motorcycle ridership nationwide by pursuing the need for mandatory federal helmet laws.
· Alabama Police Officer Resigns After Racing Video goes Viral: An Alabama police officer resigned after a video surfaced of him racing another motorcyclist for fun. The motorcycle cop did get his job back later.
· New York City Motorcycle Swarming Incident: Who among us could forget the motorcycling event that made headlines across the country when dozens of motorcyclists swarmed an SUV and raced through Manhattan. When one of the suspects was found to be an undercover cop, indictments ensued. The frightening altercation was captured on YouTube and quickly went viral.
· Motorcyclist Hit by Alleged DUI San Francisco Firefighter Sues: A shocking hit and run accident involving a drunk firefighter and a motorcyclist made headlines. Now, the injured biker is suing the county of San Francisco, the city, and the driver of the truck. He is being represented by our own Chuck Koro and Jim Romag.
And the top of our list – Motorcycle Rider Awarded over 19 Million Dollars in Personal Injury Lawsuit
When Janusz Zastawnik was injured while riding his bike in 2009 by an Asplundh Construction employee, he sustained serious injuries. These injuries required him to undergo 5 surgeries to his feet and ankles and left him in constant pain and with permanent disabilities. As his once active lifestyle was no more, Janusz suddenly found himself unable to care for his family and enjoy the life he had fought so hard to secure.
He immediately contacted Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys® and spoke with Russ’ partner Chuck Koro, who (in combination with Panish, Shea & Boyle LLP) represented him in a multi-million dollar lawsuit against Asplundh Construction. This year, a jury awarded Janusz and his family $19,466,000 for their ordeal and his injuries.
There’s no doubt that 2013 was an unforgettable year of motorcycling and we can’t wait to see what the New Year will bring. For starters, check out what’s coming up for Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys® in 2014.
As always, if you or someone you love is ever injured in a motorcycle accident, the motorcycle accident attorneys at Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys® are here to help. We will fight aggressively to ensure that you and your family receive the compensation you need to fully recover. Call us today to learn more about BAM or our law firm at 1-800-4-BIKERS. We Ride—We Care—We Win!