For years we’ve suspected that motorcyclists were happier people. Now it appears that we have the research to back us up! A new study has found that women who ride motorcycles are happier than those who do not. A poll of over 2,000 women, half bikers and half non-bikers found that the biker ladies scored higher on all marks of happiness
In the poll, motorcycling women reported feeling confident, extremely satisfied with their looks, and extremely satisfied with their sex lives nearly twice as much as their non-riding counterparts.
The study was conducted by Kelton and commissioned by Harley-Davidson. They interviewed 1,013 adult female riders and 1,016 adult female non-riders and found the following:
· More than twice as many always feel happy (37 percent of riders vs. 16 percent of non-riders)
· Almost four times as many always feel sexy (27 percent of riders vs. 7 percent of non-riders)
· Nearly twice as many always feel confident (35 percent of riders vs. 18 percent of non-riders)
· Improved communication with their significant other (60 percent of riders vs. 38 percent of non-riders)
· Greater physical intimacy (51 percent of riders vs. 35 percent of non-riders)
This research seems to support the growing trend of women motorcyclists. In fact, the Motorcycle Industry Council found that women accounted for 12% of all motorcyclists in the United States. This is up from 10.5% in 2009.
Why do ladies ride? The same reasons we all ride: for the freedom, the exhilaration, and the need to test the limits. Experiencing this freedom allows us all to be happier and more content in our personal and professional lives. Plus, there is something empowering about motorcycling, and that appeals to both women and men alike. In fact, nearly 75% of women riders believed that their lives improved since they started motorcycling.
At Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys®, we know why you ride and we share your passion for the open road. We also know that motorcycling brings happiness and joy to those that ride because we are motorcyclists too. If you are ever injured in an accident, contact the motorcycle accident attorneys at 1-800-4-BIKERS today or visit us on the web at www.russbrown.com. We Ride-We Care—We Win!