California: As reported in The Sun, a San Bernardino, CA man has died from serious injuries he suffered in a motorcycle accident on April 11th, 2011. The 49-year-old biker was riding on Orange Show Road in San Bernardino when he was struck by a tractor-trailer making a left turn onto Lena Road. The doomed Los Angeles biker was carried to a local hospital, where he lingered for twelve days before succumbing to his injuries.
Motorcycles lack visibility
Lack of visibility is one of the main reasons for Los Angeles motorcycle accidents. Drivers simply don’t notice motorcycles because of their small profile, especially when drivers are watching larger vehicles with greater visibility. Worse, even when motorists see oncoming motorcycles, because of the low profile and the speed factors, drivers may misjudge distances between motorcycles and other vehicles, leading to disastrous motorcycle crashes.
Los Angeles-area motorcycle accident attorneys have been at the forefront of the battle to improve roadway safety for motorcyclists. Veteran Los Angeles bikers offer the following visibility tips for safe motorcycling:
- Stay out of blind spots, and create a safety buffer of distance all around the motorcycle;
- Allow plenty of reaction time;
- When practical, make eye contact with drivers of cars around the motorcycle;
- When passing, avoid lingering in blind spots;
- When riding in a group, ride in a staggered; formation, and maintain safe distances;
- Avoid black motorcycles and black clothing/equipment;
- Use reflective tape or other reflective gear;
- Use hand signals to signal drivers and other riders;
- Tap brakes lightly to signal tailgaters;
- Use headlights with high beams or modulators when safe to do so;
- Use running lamps all around the motorcycle;
- Use the motorcycle’s horn when practical.
The Right Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorney for You
Still, even with the best safety preparations, motorcycle crashes continue to occur. If you or a family member has been injured in a motorcycle wreck in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, or anywhere in Southern California, you should contact a Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorney immediately. An experienced Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer can protect your rights and work to win the financial relief and long-term help that you deserve. Call the Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers at 1-800-4-BIKERS to schedule your free appointment today.
Powered by Qumana