It sucks to be in a motorcycle accident. If it were possible to be accident proof then you would never need to consider how to protect your rights after being injured or how to find a motorcycle accident lawyer to represent your motorcycle accident insurance claim. The smartest thing any motorcyclists can do to protect themselves is always wear protective riding gear and a helmet.
Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers play a vital role in protecting the rights of a motorcycle accident victim. The most complex part of recovering compensation in a insurance claim is dealing with insurance claims adjusters and insurance company accident investigators. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer knows how deal with the at fault party and their insurance provider and will always use the facts of your case to present your claim in the most favorable light, forcing the insurance company to settle on your lawyers terms.
Imagine riding your motorcycle and suddenly a car goes out of control and crashes into you. Not a very pretty sight and something, which you, as the victim, can do very little about. When you find yourself on a hospital bed you begin to think about the medical bills as well as your physical condition. Filing for compensation is the right thing to do.
In order to do so, you need to hire the services of an experienced Georgia motorcycle accident lawyer. He/she will take proper steps to ensure that you get what you deserve from the guilty party.
Sometimes victims are approached by a insurance claims adjuster or the insurance companies attorney, and they try to convince you to settle for a paltry amount in compensation. This is just a tactic used to close their claim for the lowest amount possible; and you should never sign anything unless your motorcycle accident lawyer tells you to.
Evidence that is connected with the accident is vital to the outcome of your case. If you want to receive a fair amount as compensation you need to provide your attorney with all the details about the accident. Eyewitness accounts also play a big role in such situations. The victim’s medical reports and bills along with the accident report can help your lawyer prepare a watertight case. These documents and details will reduce the time period of your case and help you receive compensation as soon as possible.
7 Mistakes in Choosing a personal Injury Lawyer
Choosing the right lawyer for your unique situation is the most important step you can take if you have been injured in an accident or due to someone else’s negligence. A well-qualified, experienced lawyer can make all the difference in the outcome of your case and in your ability to recover and get on with your normal life
.Be sure you don’t make these common mistakes when seeking a personal injury attorney:
1. Choosing a lawyer based on advertisements and not credentials: While advertising does have its benefits when law firms are reaching out to potential clients, there are firms who do not possess the credentials to back up their advertising claims. If you are interested in a firm due to an advertisement on a billboard or on television, take the next step and perform a thorough interview covering their experience with your type of case and how the process will work.
2. Judging a lawyer by their age or school they attended (credentials) and not their success rate: The most important predictor of success with your case is your lawyer’s success rate. Do not be so concerned with how old they are or where they went to school. You need to know that they have experience winning settlements for your type of case.
3. Choosing a lawyer that practices general law as opposed to focusing on a particular area: Would you choose your primary care physician to do your knee surgery? The same is true for your personal injury case. A lawyer who specializes in personal injury law provides you with greater odds of winning your case and/or receiving a large settlement.
4. Not interviewing the law firm and asking tough questions: You don’t know until you ask. And you don’t want to find out when it is all over. Ask the tough questions of your prospective firm such as: Have they handled your type of case before? How often? Do they have experience bringing your type of case to trial? How many have they won?
5. Thinking that your case is like everyone else’s and not unique: Many large, high volume law firms must have a set process in place for each type of case they handle. If they handled every case uniquely they would have to take fewer clients. The problem with this approach is that every case IS unique! The firm you choose should be able to give your case the time and attention it deserves.
6. Assuming that all law firms or lawyers are alike: Just as in all other fields, personal injury law firms and lawyers can vary in their level of knowledge, experience and service. Hiring the first firm you see advertised or hiring your friend’s divorce lawyer for your personal injury case is not a good idea. Good law firms and lawyers specialize and become experts in their chosen area of practice. Be sure you take advantage of this for your case.
7. Waiting too long to hire a lawyer: If you think you need a lawyer, one of the most important things you can do is to start interviewing immediately. The longer you wait, the greater the chances that your case will lose credibility with those responsible, judges and juries. Also, there are statutes of limitation for certain types of cases. Over time you may forget details, evidence may be lost and witnesses may disappear. To ensure you have the best case, don’t wait. Talk to a lawyer now.
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys® focus only on motorcycle accident injury cases.
Georgia has some of the most beautiful motorycle rides in the US. With it’s scenic mountains, pretty coastline, lush forests, and many freshwater lakes, there is no shortage of great rides. Georgia is rich in history and has a unique culture which is enhanced with Georgia’s famous hospitality. Popular motorcycle riders destinations like Savannah and Fort McAllister Historic Park are not to be missed. While on the Georgia roads make sure you are carrying Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys® BAM Benefit Card in your wallet. This Free membership card gives you access to a 24 hour hot-line with fellow riders who are willing to help you if you are stranded on the road. It also will put you in touch with a top Georgia Motorcycle Lawyer who will consult with you for free in regards to a motorcycle accident injury.
Powered by Qumana