Riverside Motorcycle Lawyers
While motorcycling is a popular pastime in Riverside County, many Riverside motorcycle lawyers find themselves with a significant deal of work because of accidents local riders suffered. Due to the relative lack of protection provided by motorcycles, and the number of negligent drivers on the road, hundreds of Riverside residents are injured in motorcycle crashes every year. Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys are one of the country’s oldest motorcycle law firms, ready and able to help Riverside motorcycle riders after accidents.
Most Common Causes of Riverside Motorcycle Collisions
While at Russ Brown we understand that every accident is unique, there are many commonalities between the majority of incidents. These are the sources of Riverside County motorcycle crashes that we encounter the most.
- Driver cutting off motorcyclist: One third of all motorcycle collision with other vehicles result from other drivers turning into the motorcyclist’s path. Drivers turning left at intersections often fail to register oncoming motorcycles in the roadway.
- Unsafe lane changes: Motorcycles can get lost in drivers’ blind spots more easily than other vehicles. It’s all too easy for a driver who changes lanes without both signalling and doing a head check to cause a crash with a motorcycle rider in an adjacent lane.
- Head-on collisions: Unfortunately, there are many motorcycle crashes which involve motorcycles and other vehicles colliding head-on. Fatalities from this type of accident are sadly common. Typically the rider is either crushed, or flung many feet through the air onto a hard surface.
- Road debris: Without the stability of four wheels, obstacles in the road such as gravel, slick spots, or debris such as roadkill can cause motorcyclists to suffer serious crashes.
- Lane splitting: These accidents happen when motorcyclists thread between two lanes of stopped or slow-moving traffic. Most drivers do not anticipate lane splitting, which leads to accidents. While lane splitting is a controversial topic, it does not entirely invalidate your case.
- Driving under the influence: Drugs and alcohol still have a significant impact on motorcycle accident statistics. In 2013, the percentage of alcohol-impaired motorcycle riders involved in crashes that featured fatalities was higher than for any other type of motor vehicle driver. A full 27% of riders were drunk in these fatal accidents, compared to 23% of passenger car drivers, and 21% of light truck drivers.
- Speeding: If an investigating officer judges that an accident was caused or contributed to by racing, driving too fast for conditions, or exceeding the posted speed limit, the crash is considered speeding-related. In 2013, 34 percent of all motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes were speeding, compared to 21 percent for passenger car drivers, or 18 percent for light-truck drivers.
What to Do If You’re Involved in a Riverside Motorcycle Crash
No matter how many precautions you take personally, you can become involved in an accident and get injured by circumstances beyond your control. Regardless of who is at fault, it is important to take steps to protect your legal rights and liabilities in the immediate aftermath of an accident. Failure to do so can impact your ability to receive compensation for your hardship.
- It’s important to notify the authorities right away. In most cases, this will be either the Riverside Police Department, or the Sheriff.
- Remain at the scene of the crash until an investigating officer arrives. Generally this won’t take too long.
- Gather contact information from all the people involved in the crash. If there were eyewitnesses, try to get their details as well, in case you need them to make statements later to support your story.
- Take photos of all vehicles involved, and the accident site. This is important so that there is a photo log of what happened to the vehicles, and also the conditions of the site at the time. If there were weather conditions or debris on the road that contributed to the crash, that should be supported by evidence.
- Prioritize seeing a doctor. Even if you don’t feel like you’ve sustained injuries, you may find that injuries become apparent over time or under medical examination by a professional. It’s important to get examined as soon as possible so that insurers or others cannot claim that any injuries are unrelated to your crash. If you cannot legally prove that you were injured in the crash, insurance companies often refuse to pay out compensation for medical bills resulting from accidents.
- Seek legal resources. After following all of these steps, it’s still important to check in with a legal professional to see what else may need to be done to protect any case for compensation you may have. Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys is a great law firm to approach, as we offer free legal advice to riders, including a free evaluation of your case.
Why Choose Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys?
When you’re seeking a motorcycle law firm for your Riverside motorcycle accident, you should prioritize a law firm that will do more than fight for you. You should choose a firm that will help you fix the problem: repairs, medical bills, distress, family finances, and more. That is Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorney’s guiding principle. It’s literally in our company motto: We Ride, We Win, We Care. Where other firms refuse claims outright, we take up cases and win settlement after settlement. We’ve won claims for our clients in 6, 7, even 8 figures. One settlement of 3.5 million dollars for an accident caused by an object that wasn’t properly secured and fell from an RV. Another payout was for $19.4 million, for an accident resulting from a blown stop sign. If you want to provide for your future and your family’s future after an accident has thrown your financial stability into jeopardy, we are at the ready.
Our founder Russ Brown wrote the book on motorcycle law over 45 years ago, and we haven’t stopped learning since. Contact us today for the best experience from the most experienced Riverside motorcycle accident lawyers out there.
Contact Us Today For a Free Consultation!
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys: Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys® have been fighting for motorcyclists’ rights for decades. We are experts in motorcycle accidents and have carefully chosen local, independent counsel across the country to help guide your claim with free legal advice, even if you do not need an attorney. This can maximize your recovery. If you want justice and compensation for your injury, pain and suffering, call today for your free consultation.